Nature & De Fryhof
View our nature suggestions
Farm De Fryhof is the ideal base for your cycling and walking tours through the nature of the Eilandspolder, also known as the ‘Land of Leeghwater’.
You can pick up many of the routes in the vicinity of our Farm, such as the Trekvogelpad, the Noord-Hollandpad and the Haring- en Hemproute.
It is possible to rent bicycles in the vicinity and it is also possible to rent a whisper boat to explore the polder. For tips, you can always visit our official Rest Point on the dike, where many cyclists and walkers stop for a cup of coffee with a snack. Of course we always have information and we are happy to reserve bicycles or a whisper boat for you.
- Direct connection to cycling and hiking trails in the protected nature reserve
- Renting bicycles and whisper boats in the immediate vicinity
- Get up early in the summer for the ballet of the swallows on the farm
- Bring your fishing rod and go fishing undisturbed at the grass dike
- Dogs, cats, sheep and chickens can be found on the farm. Shetlander Thomas and horse Mathilde also live here
- In the winter months it is beautiful to skate in the Eilandspolder.